Two-factor Authentication is an extra layer of security which ensures that only you can access your GroupNews account, even if somebody else knows your password.
When you sign into GroupNews with Two-factor Authentication (2FA) enabled, in addition to your password, you’ll also be required to enter a one-time use code generated on a device you own. Most commonly, you would use an authenticator app on your phone to generate 2FA codes.
- You’ll need access to your mobile phone when you sign in to GroupNews.
- You’ll enter a verification code and your password each time you sign in.
- You can choose to send your verification code by text message or from an authentication app.
Before you can set up 2FA on your account, you’ll need to download and install an authentication app on your device. GroupNews 2FA can be used with most Time-Based, One-Time Password (TOTP) applications. Here are a few options to get you started:
- If you don’t have an authentication app, we recommend one of the following:
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your icon in the upper right hand corner
- Choose Account Settings.
- Click Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- Save or print your backup codes
- Use a two-factor authentication app on your phone to scan the barcode image
- After scanning the barcode image, the app will display a six-digit you must use to verify your trusted device.
- Enter the code below and click Verify
- After scanning the barcode image, the app will display a six-digit you must use to verify your trusted device. Enter the code below and click Verify
When you sign in to GroupNews, just open your authentication app and enter a code along with your password.